Friday, March 09, 2007

Ski Trip


Today was Ski day for our school. Each year during Lutheran Schools Week we take our 3-5Th graders skiing. Ansir did such an awesome job. He took the beginners course and learned how to snow plow. As you can see he has that move mastered.




Here is another picture of Ansir skiing. I tried to get him to ride the Puma lift with me but he said no. He was just content to walk half way up the mountain and start from there. He would come down the mountain quite fast. I am so proud of his accomplishment. We even tried racing. What a fun day.


Here is Ansir showing his approval of his skiing ability. Several of the children in his class would take the march up the hill with him. They would then carefully snap on their skies and on occasion one ski would escape them and travel down the mountain with out them. But not to be discouraged they would catch the ski, snap it in place and share a leisurely ride down the hill.



Some of you might be asking how mom fared? Well i am a little sore but I too had a blast. I started in the beginner course with the kids and finally convinced some of them to ride the lift with me. We enjoyed practicing our turns and snowplows down the mountain. Then before we went home one of my friends father-in-laws took me up to the bigger hills. I was scared but he is a great teacher. He showed me how to work my skis so that they cut threw the snow instead of pushing the snow. I hadn't fallen until this point. Once at the top of the chair lift I fell face first getting off the lift. Then on the way down I did well until it turned steep then I took it very slow. When I started trying to cut with my skis I fell. Not once not twice but at least 3 or 4 times. So now a hot bath calls my aching muscles and joints. So I bid you all fare well.

PS. They trip and pains are well worth the experience I shared with my son and his friends!

No comments: