Did you know that many firsts of the Bible occurred In the account of Hagar. Here they are:
Sing Praises to Your King!
- The first account of an angel appearing.
- The first baby named by God.
- Hagar is the first woman in scripture to receive a divine promise from God.
- Hagar was addressed personally not through her husband. The only other women to be addressed personally was Mary the mother of Jesus.
- Both Hagar and Mary the mother of Jesus heard very similar words spoken by an angel.
- The start of women rivalry?
- The first single mom mentioned in the bible.
- Hagar was the only woman in the bible to select a wife for her son.
Open your bible and read this bible truth for your self. You will find it in the book of Genesis -16:21 We can learn many things from this Slightly Bad Girl of the Bible.