When you receive new members into your congregation have you ever thought these things?
- Wow I bet they will give lots of money!
- Now we can fund the new tile in the church this family will help us pay for it.
- Yes another doctor! Maybe he will help us fund a new youth program!
- Oh no that person only has a teachers salary what can he offer.
- Look at all those kids. I bet they don't have very much money to give.
I bet we have all been guilty of thinking these things at one time or another and because of this way of thinking we go out of our way to make the rich man feel welcome while we tend to neglect the poor man. In James 2 we learn that God sees things just the opposite. He said:  Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?  But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court?
(James 2:5-6 ESV)
We need to remember that one can not buy their way into heaven and we should not encourage this kind of thinking by how we receive members into our congregations.
Sing Praises to Your King!