Sunday, September 16, 2007

Wedding Bells


My cousin got married on Sept. 1st. So we traveled 10 hrs. north to help her and her new husband celebrate. It was a beautiful service and the bride looked radiant.


It was a joy to see my grandparents all gussied up in their finest duds. Proud as can be of their youngest grand daughter.

However the highlight of my weekend was watching my Grandpa who will be 89 on September 20th get up and dance with the bride. Not a dry eye was to be found.


The room felt like it froze for just a moment. People stopped, watched, grabbed their cameras and snapped pictures like crazy.


The bride, bless her, tried to control her emotions but they were there, in her eyes, the tears of happiness and love that she has for her grandpa.


I don't remember the song they danced to. Just the joy and energy that filled the room.

You can see in this picture how happy he was to have shared this dance with the bride. Just when we thought the overwhelming wave of emotion was over we dried our eyes took a deep breath and bam it started all over.

The room froze once more, tears were shed and pictures were snapped as he shared a brief dance with his very own beautiful bride. My grandparents have been married for 61 years. They have shared in the good times and the bad and the richer and poorer. They have also battled sicknesses and car accidents. But during all their years their love and union as husband and wife has never wavered. I pray that the Lord will continue to walk with them, their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren until we all join him in heaven.
Amen, Amen

2 comments:

Nana Porcupine said...

WOW! I can hardly see to type, the tears are back once again! Such wonderful pictures and great memories. I also thank God for giving me these two wonderful christian parents who have set a great example for all of us.
THANKS for the blog!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, thanks so much for recognizing such an important part of our weekend. It truly was like time froze for a few minutes and I am so glad that we had that chance. Oh by the way the song was "Everything I do, I do it for you" by Bryan Adams. What a wonderful night. Thanks for thinking of us on your blog!