Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Grandma the Artist


These are just a few pictures that my grandmother has painted over the years. She paints on several different backgrounds like saws, butter knives and spoons.


After looking at many of her paintings I would say she really enjoys painting sunsets.


They almost glow as though you are actually there.


She also enjoys painting farm scenes. After all that has been the background for her daily life for her entire life. Even today she loves to sit and farm from her window. Watching as her son and grandson complete the everyday tasks that keep a farm running from dawn till dusk.


Each of the grandchildren have acquired several paintings from our grandmother. I have three old shingles that she painted on and they are some of my favorite pieces of art.


No comments: