Monday, May 03, 2010

The Finished Cake!


This is the cake after I had covered it with fondant.



This is the finished product.


I think it took me Approximately 4 hours from start to finish. This does not include the baking and cooling time. It is definitely not perfect but for a first time I am very happy with how it turned out. I also added a little vanilla flavor to the fondant frosting I think it made it taste a little better.

I must confess that I am a frequent watcher of Cake Wars, Amazing Wedding Cakes and Ace of cakes. I have been wanting to create a fun and unique cake and this was the perfect opportunity. I hope the kids like it. Next month I will be creating a special cross cake for Ansir's Conformation.

1 comment:

Nana Porcupine said...

Hey, that turned out very nice. It looks like it was a lot of fun to make. I'm sure the 8th graders will be well pleased. Enjoy your celebration today! I wish we could be there!