Monday, August 16, 2010

"Hear am I. Send me!"

Today I was reading in Isaiah And I cam across this verse.
Isaiah6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? and who will go for us?
And I said "Hear am I. Send me!"

This verse often crosses my mind when I look at where my life was and where it is today. 4 years ago I would never have imagined that I would be living in ND and homeschooling my son while trying to be the new Sunday School superintendent at our church. I was happy where I was and I had also felt I was where God wanted me. But when Tim my Dear Husband moved up here I had to change a few things. At first I said NO I will not God. But eventually my heart began to change and I was able to pray Lord wherever you send me I will go. And Wala here I am. It has been a great move for our family even though I could not see it at the time. And I expect it will not be the final time I will be surprised by what God is calling me to do.

I am also reminded of my mom and dad. Ten years ago they began to pray that God would show them where he needed them. It wasn't long and He was leading them to do mission work on the reservation in SD. I along with my parents never would have thought that they would ever become missionaries. But God had a plan and through it I have seen how he has used them to spread the Gospel and to work in their lives as well.

So my question to you is. Have you ever said, Lord, Here am I, Send me? You never know where you will wind up or what you will be doing. But I do know that you will be fulfilling the plans the Lord has for you.

No comments: