Thursday, September 04, 2008

August Updates!

O.K., I know I haven't updated in a while. I can hardly believe how fast August has gone by. I'll try to get you up to speed with the happenings here in N.D. Well my son and I went to NE to spend a week with my sister the Lutheran Hen her chicks and my parents not to mention some great family friends. Her house was packed to the brim with visitors! What fun we all had. We did many activities together like baking cookies, cakes, worshiping God in the mornings, swimming, going to the fair and going to the baptism of the daughter of a very special friend. I am very blessed to have been able to take this trip. I will try to post a picture album so that you can see the many memories that we created.

I have also discovered how busy a house wife and homeschooling mother can be. Or as a friend of mine put it a Domestic Engineer! It sounds more professional don't you think? We have school from about 8:00-1:30 or so depending on how fast someone works. We also take breaks for lunch and on MWF we take a brake for swimming. I also spend a lot of time cooking and doing laundry. It has been a change going from 4 washers and dryers to just one! I actually have to do a load a day or so. I have been working out regularly at the local Any Time Fitness. I am hoping to get into better shape that I have been for the last few years. I also volunteer at the church. We make braille books for the blind. This has been educational for my son who also comes to help. I hope to take pictures and explain the process to you. My son has also started swimming lessons two days a week and we are hoping to get into the 4-h program soon. This month I will also start teaching Sunday School and leading the opening music. This means I have picked up my guitar again and have started practicing some of the easier songs we can use for Sunday School like: Jesus Loves Me, The Benediction, Jesus Loves the Little Children. etc. My son has also started Conformation this year. He is excited to learn what he can fro our dear pastor. Well we are off to collect moss and to return books to the library so I best leave you with one thought!

When the Lord closes a door he always opens a window. I believe this came from the Sound of Music.

1 comment:

Nana Porcupine said...

We enjoyed our time very much too. I love the slide show, I have watched it a few times now.
We miss you and think of you often!