Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ansir;s 13th Birthday Cake!

Here are the steps that I took to make Ansir's birthday cake. I sent Tim to hobby lobby to get me a square pan so that I could make the cake. He came home with a 12 by 12'' pan. In case that you don't know this seems like a big pan. It took two cake mixes to fill the pan. I followed all of the directions and couldn't wait for the cake to get baked. Well first of all the oven turned off half way through the baking. Then when it was finally finished it wouldn't come out of the pan. Finlly it came out of the pan and this is what it looked like.

Well while mixing the cake mix I discovered that my mixer is going kaput! So this moringing couldn't sleep so at8:30 am I traveled to walmart to get a new mixer. Finally I was able to make the delicious butter cream frosting.

I used fondant frosting again bought at Wal-Mart (the only all purpose store in town) to make several parts of the decorations.


As you can see I used it to make the word Blert ad the square outline. I used cookie cutters for the words. It worked very well.


So what do you think? Did they resemble each other? It was certainaly fun. one thing I always wantd to do is take a cake decorating class with my mom. Maybe one day!

Here is the almost final product. The bible and the scroll is also made from fondant! I really had a great time making this cake but was worried that I wouldent have enough time to decorate the cake and clean the house before the party!


No comments: