Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ukrainian Easter Egg Decorating Update

I wanted to show you what our final eggs turned out like. Mind you these are our first attempts!


This is one of Ansir's eggs. He was practicing how to make some of the symbols. I believe these were pitchforks.


For my egg I did several different designs. This side of the egg shows a cross.


This side shows some pretty pink flowers.


I used the yellow dye to create some wheat.


The final side has an orange fish. It looks yellow on the picture but it is orange.

This was just a quick design I did at the end of our session. I wanted to practice using the wax. It's not as easy as it seams.

2 comments:

Nana Porcupine said...

WOW that looks like so much fun! I bet it is hard to make the lines. I can't wait to try it!

Lisa said...

Hi Mrs. Sutton this is Kayla. I am one of your first Graders. I love your blog. You can visit my blog at www.kaylabeana.wordpress.com. WE MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!