Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!


Christmas is over and tomorrow begins 2011. It is hard to believe how fast time goes by. Taking a look back over 2010 I see many changes in our lives. Some good and some not so good. Each New Years eve you hear of people coming up with New Year resolutions. Some people will vow to lose weight, work harder, get a promotion at work, take vacations with their families, pay off bills etc. Most of the resolutions are all about me, me, me. Yet as Christians it is not about us. It is about Christ. We are here not for our own benefit but to be a servant of Christ. He has a prepared work for us to do. He has told us [19] Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, [20] teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
(Matthew 28:19-20 ESV).



My New Years Resolution is to spend more time in God's Word, to set my mind on the things of the spirit not on things of the flesh and to be a godly wife and mother. These things I can not do on my own for I am a wretched sinner. There fore I ask my Heavenly Father to help me. I trust in Him for all things!

[5] For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. [6] For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. [7] For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. [8] Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
[9] You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. [10] But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. [11] If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
(Romans 8:5-11 ESV)

What are your New Year Resolutions?
Sing Praises to Your King!

No comments: