Sunday, April 06, 2008

Medieval Fun!

Yesterday I took my son and a family friend to the Dahl Fine Arts Center. They were hosting a special artist Darrell Sweet. He illustrates fantasy pictures. They are way cool. Lots of dragons and castles. So you gusted it. It was right up my sons ally. They got to make their own swards and shields. Then the artist gave everyone who wanted to participate lessons on how to draw castles and dragons. The kids did a great job and had a great time. I am hopping to find other fun events through the year for him to attend.
This is a gift that my son received for Christmas about 4 years ago. This along with two swards/daggers that my dad made have been the most played with toys. They were loved very much. His swards have been broken from fighting the ground, trees and rocks. So now the great swards have been replaced with sticks. There is just something about seeing a boy, a sward and a sheathe made of a rope tied around his waist that makes great child hood memories.

No comments: