Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bitter Sweet Goodbye

My little boy, how I will miss you. I am overcome with emotion as I think back on all the things I have watch you learn. My thoughts then turn to all the things I will never see you do and I am saddened even more. But then I think about your mother and how I would feel if I were in her shoes. I bet she was filled with sadness the day you left her home, regardless of what she did or didn't do. I am sure she felt empty as she sat in her quiet home as I am right now. I close my eyes and try to imagine your reunion, a tearful one I am sure. The joy and excitement she must be feeling as she holds you in her arms knowing that you are there to stay. I pray that Our Father and Creator will wrap you both in his arms and help them during this joyous time. I pray that she understands how special, smart and sweet you are. I pray that she will have the strength to make wise decisions when it comes to you. I pray that she will to come to know the Lord and the power that he has to help us through the difficult times. I pray that she does not see us as the enemy but as simple parents who also love her little boy with all our hearts. I pray that God gives me he strength to pick up the pieces left behind so that I can help another child in need of a safe loving home. I pray that my parents will also find strength in Gods love during this sad time. I couldn't be the loving parent I am with out there support. I also pray for my husband and oldest son that God will comfort them through their sadness. It is with these words that I say Amen.

1 comment:

Nana Porcupine said...

As I share your tears, all I can say is AMEN AMEN