Saturday, October 27, 2007

The First Middle School Dance!

My 11 year old son came home from school so excited the other day. "There is a Halloween School Dance" He said. I asked if he was going and he said he thought he would if it was O.K.. Then I found out that a young lady wanted to know if he was going. Now I know why he was so excited. However the dance came and went and I asked if he danced with his new lady friend and he told me "no, I only danced by my self and with my friends". It sounds like the boys were on one side of the dance floor while the girls stood on the other. Does that sound familiar to any of you? I still remember the awkward feeling of wanting to be asked to dance, the fear of actually being asked and the disappointment of not being asked. I guess its a right of passage as we grow into young men and women. Before I know it the shyness will be gone and I will wish it would return. I'm not sure I am ready for him to even be thinking about girls. I pray that the Lord will guide his thoughts and actions so that they will be pleasing to him.

No comments: