Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Witnessing to others

Today as I was reading Ezekiel chapters 1-3.

It made me think about Ezekiel's experience with the Lord I can't help but think how I would respond to what he saw in the heavens. Would be I be scared, in awe or in a state of disbelief. Ezekiel heeded to Gods calling and went to deliver a message of judgement amongst people who would not listen. But before he went he ate a scroll containing the words of God. He stated that it was as sweet as honey. We also have Gods word in our hands and God desires us to "eat it" as well. Can you taste it? Is it sweet or do you find it to be a bitter unpleasant task. I would like to encourage you to ask the Lord to show you it's sweetness so that you will have a craving to devour His word each day.

Chapter three focuses on Ezekiel going to witness to these people. God has also called to witness to others. I find it interesting that God tells Ezekiel in 3:9" I will make your forehead like the hardest stone, harder than flint. Do not be afraid of them or terrified by them though they are a rebellious house". I know that as for my self I often let fear get in the way of what God has called me to do. After all what if they get mad at me or decide to hurt me. What if I actually had to be persecuted for my faith. Would I be able to handle it. God tells me yes you will. And I take great comfort in knowing that God will be with me as I witness to his people no mater how difficult a situation it might be and that he will equip me with all that I need to do the job. God also told Ezekiel in 3:10 "...Go now to your country men in exile and speak to them. Say to them, 'this is what the sovereign Lord says,' whether they listen or fail to listen". It is not our job to make them listen just to share the Gospel with them there are many opportunities in our every day lives to do so. God will do the rest.

So let us fulfill the Great commission "Therefor go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit and teaching them to pbey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age. " Matthew 28:19-20

Melissa


No comments: