Friday, November 14, 2008

Grandma's flour canister!

Ever since I was a little girl I remember getting flour out of Grandmas flour canister. This canister is a big silver container that you have to pull out of her bottom cupboard. I am sure that if it could it would tell of times gone by and all the baking that it has seen. I have been searching for a similar one for my own kitchen. After many months of searching this is what I found.
The lid sticks a little but I put some Crisco on it and it comes off much better now. I put all the flour I had in my house in the container and it only filled it to maybe half full. I still hope to find a canister just like my grandmas but until I do this one will work just fine!

2 comments:

Nana Porcupine said...

So what do you think was in this canister? 30 lb of something good!
I like it but with the price of flour will you ever be able to fill it? LOL

Melissa Sutton said...

Surprisingly enough I do have it about 3/4ths full. I have been buying a Montana brand of wheat flour. I do think that I will need to have some white on hand for baking cookies. Also This canister is not as big as grandmas. It might be half the size!