Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sweing project #4


I decided to create these wonderful potholders for the handles of all of my cast iron skillets. The handles get awful hot to handle them by them selves. This was a fun project and a great way to recycle some of Ansir's old jeans.


I created two different styles. The first style was to take a piece of denim and sew a rectangle pocket. I also used the seams to adorn both sides of the potholder. I padded the inside with an old worn out potholder that I already had. I would also like to point out the little stick with marshmallows on it. I found some cute buttons to decorate the potholder.


For the next potholder design I used one of the back pockets from the jeans. I cut the pocket out and stuffed the pocket with some of the grey fabric that I used from the lining of the dog coat. This keeps the heat from surging thgouth the material and burning my hand.


This is just another example of the second style.


Oops I guesstis one has already been used and gotten dirty. It has a slightly different shape to it than the others. I like having so many so that they can stay on the pans. then I don't alwasy have to be searching for the pan that is wearing it.

2 comments:

Nana Porcupine said...

Very good Idea! You are having too much fun with that sewing machine. Tell your husband that Sears has a good buy on a plain jane sewing machine. $89 I think! That would make a good Christmas gift! right?
You just have to be very careful so they dont get to close to the burner and catch on fire. I left mine on one time when heating something and it almost cought on fire. OOPS!

Nana Porcupine said...

Wall Mart sale on this Friday and Saturday! Brother 14 stitch $59!