This my third attempt at sewing. I thinkit went pretty well. I discovered that jean material is a little tougher to sew through than felt.
I decided to be creative this time by adding a pocket. I used one that was already on the pants that I used for this project. (thanks to my son for out growing his jeans!) All I had to do is pin it in position and sew. Now he can carry his treats or a small toy with him where ever he goes.
I used elastic to help fasten the belly strap. I found those attached to the pants as well. The elastic had button holes in them so all I had to do was sew two buttons on the strap and WA LA it buttoned. I also had to cut a notch in the under strap to allow for his male parts. I don't want the material to get wet when he is doing his business.
I chose to sew the neck piece together instead of using buttons to fasten it. I like this as it is easy to slip over Rosco's head. I plan to put a red bone on the color to cover thee white seams. I think it will be a nice addition. I would also like to cut out his name and sew it to the back of the jacket. I am however at a stand still with this project. By bobbin came off and I had to put it back on. I now get tons of thread on the underside of what ever I am stitching. So please if you know how to fix this problem I could use your help! Here is a picture of what the bobbin looks like in case machines are different!
I am hoping Tim knows how to fix the problem. I'll be asking him for help when he gets home. (He learned how to sew a little when he was a kid.)