Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Choke Cherry Juicing

Is it just me or is there a lot of work that goes into extracting the Juice.

As I was squeesing out the juice my mind wondered to visions of my grandma. She always had the strongest hands and could wring out even the toughest materials. If a lid was stuck we would take it to Grandma beacuase we knew how strong her hands were. Even though her had was slightly crippled she still had tremendous strength in her hands.

I could have used her strong hands today. I never realized how much time and effort one needed to complete this task. As you can see I made a mess. Can you see the big kettle. Before I started squeezing the berries it was full.


Now this is all the pulp and seeds. And after all that I only got a half of a ice cream pail full of juice. I hope it is worth it!

No comments: