Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Grandpa and his garden

My grandpa loves to take his 4 wheeler down to the garden along with an able bodied daughter, granddaughter, son or grandson. He sits atop his ride and uses his cane to point to the weeds that need to be picked or the best veggies to be picked. And we all gladly do his biding.


When I was a little girl The garden extended clear back where you see the green grass growing and also further behind where I was standing to take this picture. There were always plenty of vegetables to be picked for canning or freezing. Now the garden is much smaller but it still contains some of their favorites. Especially dill for making refrigerator pickles.


This is the beautiful path way from the house to the garden. My son likes to call it the forest. It also harbers lots of misquotios. But not this day. We were enjoying it's beauty pest free.

I like this picture of Grandpa peeking out from behind the bush. It shows how playful he is. I remember how we alwyas raced grandpa to his chair after dinner before his nap and how he said he would pull out our belly buttons with his plyers. Or squirt us with milk when he was milking a cow. Oh ya and another time when they had come to visit us in NE he hid behind one of the chairs to supprise us when we got home from school. Any way I could go on and on.


Finally this is a nice close up of him. He is one of my most favorite people in the entire world. I love him with all my heart. He has set a wonderful example for his grandchildren on how to work hard, love his family and serve his Lord and Savior.
Thank you !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post. I remember my grandparents too. They raised me on a farm. I miss them very much.I wish my children would have gotten to know them. They were fun like your grandpa. GOD bless grandpas, yeah!