Saturday, August 18, 2007

When it Rains it Pours

Last night was our anual staff picnic and it was my turn to host. Well we were hoping for nice weather so that the kids could swim and the adults could sit around the picnic tables and visit. God however had different plans. About 6:00 the sky opened up and it dumped over 4" of rain our our very dry land. Needless to say the party had to be held in our little house. We had over 25 people in our house. Well it rainrd so hard there was about two feet of water running through our campground. Here is what I found this morning.



We haven't seen standing water in a very long time.



There are lots of tire tracks all through out the park. This is the worst one.


All of the gravel was washed off the road and gathered towards the lowest end of the park. There will have to be lots of redistribution in the up coming days and weeks.


Here is the storage shed. I didn't know that there was a pond in there!


I wonder how many tools and things are buried under this muddy soupy mess? This happened to us last year and we lost a ton of things. But we had hail last year so there was more damage to buildings RV's and such. Along our interstate I heard there was soft ball size hail. Some of our campers got their windows broken out while driving. I am glad I was safe at home when this storm hit.


No comments: