Friday, August 21, 2009

Pray Continuously

"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, KJV). The Greek word "without ceasing" means continuous action. Therefore, “praying without ceasing” means to pray continuously.

This is something that I know I do not do well. I desire to pray continuously but some how my mind continuously strays to other things. I try to use my prayer journal on a regular basis and I also have made prayer list that I can look at to help focus my thoughts. At the top of my prayer list is the request from God to help me to trust Him in all things and to Pray with out ceasing. I desire for my faith to grow and for my knowledge of my savior to also grow. I desire to serve him according to his will. I know with out a shadow of a doubt that He will help me for he promises to do so in John 14:14 "
You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." Mark 11:24 "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

So how about you? Do you have difficulty following this verse? Do you suddenly feel compelled to stop and pray for someone or something during your day?

May the Lord Bless you on your journey through this life as you actively serve your Savior Jesus Christ in Thought, Word and Deed!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :)

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

Melissa Sutton said...

You can use some of my post if you like. Blessings on your day.