Sunday, June 20, 2010

Creation of the Confirmation Cakes


After my mother got here the wednesday before confirmation I had pleanty of work to keep us busy. But the most fun thing we did was to create Ansir's confirmation cakes.


This was step two. The first step was to bake and crumb coat the cake with butter cream frosting. Then we covered it with white fondant.


Next we had to cut out lots and lots of little flowers from the fondant frosting.


I also cut three crosses for the second cake we made.


This is the partially finished cake. It turned out just like I wanted it to. I absolutely loved the cake.

Here is Ansir with the finished cake.


For the second cake I cut letters out of a blue marbleized fondant that I created by adding blue food coloring to the white fondant.

I was able to change the design several times before gluing the letters down with fondant.



I finished by topping each of the crosses with a blue flower.

Here is Ansir with his finished cake. John 3:16 is one of his favorite verses not actually his confirmation verse.

So which cake do you like best?

No comments: