Thursday, September 16, 2010

Todays Challenge!

Have you ever wondered how many hymns you know out of your hymnal? Here is the challenge find your favorite hymnal (mine is the new LSB) and page through it with out a piano or instrument of any kind and see how many hymns you really know. If you read notes this will be easier for you than if you can not. I discovered many songs actually have the same tune as old favorites they just have different lyrics. Then let me know what you find out. I will go first I counted about 225 but keep finding ones that I missed along the way. So I expect that number to rise slightly. Now Let the excitement begin! 

Go,  Sing Praises to your King!

Melissa

1 comment:

Rosilind Jukic said...

I don't have my hymnal here, but I bet I know a good bunch of them. My mom knows almost all of them from the "red back" hymnal. You call out a page number and she can tell you what hymn is found on that page. :) amazing!