Monday, June 13, 2011

My first flowers of the year!

Ok so it is the middle of June and I am just now getting the first blooms of the summer. And for the record the bright yellow carpet of dandelions in my yard do NOT count!



Last June my mother came to visit and brought me several plants. This is the first one to bloom but some of the others will soon be following suit. 


What a beautiful rich color. 


This is a picture of the flower garden on the east side of the house. As you can see I have put in boards around the edge. This prevents my mower from accidental mowing down my flowers. 


Here are some petunias that I planted on the south side of the house. It really loos nice but Trixie also thinks this is her personal sand box. She love to make that dirt fly. I figured that by putting plants in it (rather than seeds) it would keep her from digging. No such luck!


I also put a wood edge around this flower bed. if you look close you might be able to see the holes she has dug. 

Sing Praises to Your King!

No comments: