Thursday, December 18, 2008

Childrens Christmas Program!

I have directed many programs while I served at Zion in Rapid City. This year was my first time directing the program in a small church where only about 25 -30 children were present. This presented many challenges such as not every one showing up for practices, Children not learning their parts and just adjusting to how things are usually done. I had my doubts as to how it would turn out. Our program was scheduled for last Sunday but was canceled to very frigid temps. I am talking -40+ and 13" of snow. So we rescheduled it for last night. All the children showed up except for two. I was thrilled. We made some last minute changes to the prayers (good thing the child who was reading them is mine so he could practice before) to change them from morning to evening prayers. The children knew their parts and sang the songs beautifully. At one point during the service when we were talking about the time came for the baby to be born. the little boy who played Joseph yelled out "OH NO She's Having a Baby!" It was a nice touch and got a chuckle out of the congregation. I don't know why I ever worry about howthese things will turn out. The Lord had his hand in it from the beginning. After all we were telling His story the greatest story on earth!

A blessed Christmas to all of you,

No comments: