Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Egg Dying the Ukrainian Way



These are my daddy's hands working so diligently on his Ukrainian egg. He always has to be different, Instead of using the candle to remove the wax he used his pocket knife to scrape the wax off before dying it. I didn't think it would turn out but it did. And he didn't have a lot of excess wax to melt and remove.


Here you can see the full concentration on his face. I am glad that everyone enjoyed making their special creations.

These are my mothers hands. She also enjoyed making her eggs. She was able to complete two of them. We must have spent hours doing them. And to my surprise she didn't even brake one.


Here are both of my parents. Mom with a smile as she is enjoying this activity and dad totally serious.

Again my mom with her smile. She really enjoyed herself.

These are my grandma's hands as she is is decorating her egg.
(I remember as a kid I used to curve my little finger just like hers when used a fork or drank from a coffee cup. I guess I wanted to be just like her.)

Grandma even joined in the act. She thought her hands were much too shaky but her egg was turning out beautiful until it jumped out of her hands and landed on the floor. That was the end of her egg making days. She had made some with markers years ago and she figured they were just as beautiful.


I also joined in the fun. I could do this for hours. Too bad we don't have that much time to sit and create!

Here are some pictures of the finished products.

The one with the butterfly and the black one with yellow on are my mothers eggs. The black one with spiderwebs on it is my dads and the other two are mine.
Melissa's Egg

No comments: