Sunday, May 10, 2009

Something to ponder!

Today we were sitting in church following along with the readings when we noticed something strange. Just so taht you have all of the information I am listing the Bibles that were being used today:
Our church uses theESV Bible
I was using a NIV Bible
Tim was using NASB
Ansir had the NKJV

I know we are different we take our Bibles to church and nobody uses the same ones. Today that proved to be useful. When we turned to Acts 8:26-40 this is the account of Philip and the Ethiopian. Any way as we were reading we discovered that the NIV and ESV omited verse 37. The missing verse however is located in the foot notes. The missing words are " 37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." So I guess my question becomes this. Shurly I am not the first person to notice this and I am assuming that our pastors are aware of this ommision. So why do the still omit it from the readings when this is their main teaching scripture for the day? This seems a little misleading to me. So then we (Tim and I) were discussing this right before I decieded to make this blog entry. He informed me that there are many other places where ommisions have taken place. I would like to hear what your thoughts are on this discovery! So feel free to leave your comment!
Oh, Yes and Happy Mothers Day!
I love you mom!

No comments: